Inspired to make a few changes to my original Flower Angel collage
after visiting Dumbarton Oaks Gardens this week and taking some photos.
I used the camellias I photographed to make part of her gown.
Several months ago I had collaged background paper using paper napkins, sheet music, paper towels I had cleaned up my painting surface with, cheese cloth and other various scraps. After cutting out two sections I stitched them with my sewing machine to tack down loose bits and created pockets in the cheese cloth that did not glue down well. Then I glued them to my journal pages.
I adhered my collaged image with gel medium to the right hand page and added an old watch face topped with a vintage locket to her torso and the word “seen” cut from an old book page.
Still practicing my sketching and experimenting with watercolors I made a bookmark
for one of the pockets
and tucked a few bird feathers I found on my daily walks in the other little pocket.
Enjoy your weekend and may it be filled with art and inspiration!